Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Icky

At the end of my first full day in MA/NH I am glad to report that I have yet to buckle to all the deliciousness that has surrounded me. When my cousin took my to their local grocery store to get food for the week I spent $40 to ensure that I wouldn't be put into a position where I had to eat something that went outside of my limits. So far I have adhered to it all pretty well. Though I will say that starting my monthly today has certainly made it harder to resist certain comfort foods and other cravings. I love both salty and sweet when I have my monthly visitor, so it can be hard not to fall into that trap. I've appeased the cravings with trail mix and apple chips.

I am bloated, though, and I don't think I am taking in enough water. I just feel really heavy and gross. It is frustrating to know that I'm making the right choices and it paying off (or feeling like it's starting to) and then suddenly feeling like crap all over again. It is disheartening, but I refuse to let it set me back. I'm going to give it my all to stand firm and not let myself get too down and out over this temporary set back and crappy feeling. I am also going to make it a point to take in a lot more water while here.

That's all I've got for now. Salem and Boston tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment