Friday, July 1, 2011

And So It Begins...

There is a journey I have been on multiple times in my 27 years that has yielded various results. Sometimes I succeed in a way I never imagined I could. Other times I just fall flat on my face. This is a journey that millions on people go on daily. And, just like me, these millions on people have experienced many different outcomes. This is a quest that we take throughout the course of our lives. I don't even know how many times I have stepped into this territory (lets just guesstimate around umpteen million times) and yet here I am again. I'm talking weight loss here, people.

At 27 years old I am at my heaviest. I am lucky enough to be blessed with height. I stand at 5 feet 10.5 inches. I truthfully cannot tell you how much I weight because I avoid scales like it's nobody's business. When I get weighted at the doctor's I close my eyes and tell the nice nurse not to tell me. My weight has never really been a major issue, though. I would guess that right now I am probably at 180 pounds, give or take a few lbs. I am not fat. I am, however, overweight. My boyfriend lovingly refers to me as "thick". Whether or not this is a compliment will be discussed later, but the point is that I'm a tall girl with soft, squishy curves.

But this isn't really about weight, to be honest. This is about the quality of living. This is about health and wellness and knowing that I've done all I can for the sake of my own longevity. As it stands now I am pretty much crappy all over my life span, but this is about to change. Everything is about to change. The truth is that in my case health with no come without weight loss and weight loss is not going to come without a lot of hard work. I am most certainly up for the challenge. And that's my biggest problem. As much as I bust my ass to drop the weight it never stays off. So, this is about exercising self control to take off weight and to keep off weight. And of course there is a plan...

The boyfriend and I have agreed to spend the next 30 days doing the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred dvd. I used this last year to get into a certain bridesmaid's dress and it was amazing. It seriously kicked my ass in the best of ways. We are going to use the dvd as a warm up. After the 30 days we are going to begin the Power 90 workout. We are going to do that for 90 days. From there we are going to go into the P90X workout (God help us). Whether or not we will adhere to this is to be seen... however, the greater point here is to do something every single day.

Adopting a new and improved lifestyle can be a bitch, though. And that's why I'm here. I've seen too many people in my life crumple under their poor health and I am making the choice right now and saying that will NOT be me. This blog is meant to keep me focused and motivated. It's here so that I can vent frustrations, celebrate achievements and just have an outlet throughout this journey.

Don't think I forgot about you, L. I know that I'm here for you, as well. Everything that I put on this blog is for both of us. xoxo

So, to bring this rather wordy entry to an end... it begins today because, after all, there is no time to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment