Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Off Topic- What I'm Reading

What I am currently reading:


- I am only 4 chapters (87 pages) in and I am having a difficult time getting through it. It isn't because of the content. I love this kind of stuff. Taking a seriously in depth look into the functions and history of cadavers is fascinating. Roach is funny and charming without being disrespectful or in bad taste. However, I'm bored. I don't know if it's just that I'm tired of reading. I mean, let's be honest. I teach literature. As soon as the school year was done I plowed through the entire Harry Potter series to gear up for the final film (I can't believe it's so close to being over. I can't handle it... But that's another topic all together). I think I just might be... tired of reading. Never thought I'd see the day, honestly. Either way, the goal is to get through it before I leave for Ma in a week. Shouldn't really be an issue...

What I plan on reading next:

I am SO excited to begin reading this book. I am a big fan of Jillian Michaels. I love her workout dvds and her general no bullshit approach to making positive changes in in one's life. This isa self help/motivational book. Certainly not my type of reading on a regular basis. However, I like her a lot. I picked the book up in Target and read the back cover. It gives this awesome antidote about an elephant that's been chained its whole life. When it was a baby it couldn't break the chains because it wasn't strong enough. Now it is older and stronger and the chain is rusted and fragile. However, it doesn't realize that it can break the chain now because as a baby it was conditioned to believe it would never be strong enough. All of that being said, Jillian quickly follows it up with: "You're the elephant, buddy." I LOVED that she said buddy and I just really dig her tone. I think I'll be able to zoom through this book in no time. I think it's going to be my pane book, honestly. I just know that I am really excited and intrigued to see what it is all about and whether or not any of it can be applied to my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment