Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Temptation

The good news is that the pain in my legs is basically gone. There is still a level of soreness, but it is tolerable.

The bad news, if you could even call it that, is that the Shred dvds have not been done in the last 2 days. The holiday weekend pretty much killed any chance at doing it. We spent a great deal of time at the boyfriend's parent's house. That household is PACKED with delicious food! The bf's dad is an amazing cook. We're talking BBQ feather bone ribs, jerk chicken, chocolate cherry cake, brownies, pasta salad, potato salad... and it goes on. And that was just one meal! We had dinner there twice this weekend and had breakfast there this morning (we typically do not spend this kind of time at their home. The boyfriend's aunt and cousin were in town and therefore we were mindful to spend lots of time there this weekend). I am quite proud of myself because I managed to do really well in terms of eating. Usually when I'm over there I just totally pig out. I displayed a great deal of self control this weekend. Not once did I feel full. I simply ate until I wasn't hungry and I was satisfied... and then I stopped.

The activity will start again tomorrow. I don't mean to imply I haven't been active these last few days because I have been. I've walked, mowed, etc. But tomorrow I really kick back into gear.

I (probably) leave for MA a week from today and my worry is that when I am there I will not stay firm or mindful. Honestly, I think I will do well. My cousin has a gym membership, so I think I am going to have her take me. I hope they have a gym at their apartment complex, as well. That would make things substantially easier.

That's all I've got for now. I don't want to ramble and I'm not feeling particularly focused. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment